Glock Maintenance Tips
For those that use a Glock weapon, there are certain things that they love about it. The feel of the weapon in your hand, the recoil, the steady firing are all things that Glock lovers enjoy about the firearm. However, nothing is worse than going to fire your Glock only to have a failure or misfire. In order to help to avoid this, here are a few tips on how to take care of your weapon.
Follow The Owner’s Manual
The owner’s manual of your Glock is very important to read. It will go over cleaning and lubrication schedules. These recommendations can help you to keep your weapon if working order. Here are a few of main reasons to lubricate or clean your weapon:
- Before you install a modification, such as a Glock competition trigger
- After storing the weapon for a long period of time
- After each firing session with the weapon
- If the weapon has been exposed to elements such as saltwater, rain, snow, dirt, or rust.
- Periodically, just to check the components in the weapon to make sure everything is working correctly.
Ideally, storing your Glock in a gun safe is the best way to not only keep you and your children safe, but it helps to protect the weapon as well. Gun safes can help to maintain a steady climate which is good for Glock weapons.
Making sure that you don’t store your Glock in the sun, or in a dusty garage is another way that you can make sure that your Glock components stay in working order.
As you can see, there are several things you can do to make sure that your Glock is working at peak performance. By following these tips, you can make sure that your weapon will fire if and when you need it.